Friday, January 11, 2013

Baked Stuffed Pork Chop Casserole


1 (6 ounce) box Stuffing mix, plus the ingredients to prepare
1 apple, chopped
4 thick cut pork chops

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions.  Add chopped apple.  Mix well.


Cut a pocket in each pork chop. Stuff with stuffing mixture.  Secure with toothpicks.  


In a 13x9 inch baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray, arrange pork chops.  Spoon remaining stuffing mixture around pork chops.


Cover with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour.  Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.


This recipe was inspired by one I read in the Alcatraz Cookbook.  When we were in San Francisco for Christmas, we toured Alcatraz.  You have to walk through the gift shop to leave the tour.  I bought the cookbook without really looking at it and I am really glad I did.

 
To counter the isolation of living on Alcatraz, they created social clubs.  The wives of the prison guards made up the Alcatraz Women's Club and collected recipes for the cookbook.  First printed in 1952 it features recipes that were popular at that time.  


You can purchase the cookbook buy clicking this link: http://store.parksconservancy.org/store/product.asp?cat=1&sub=364&product=775  It is priced at $5.95.



My new cookbook is available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Tuesday,
for my Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!


5 comments:

  1. I'm trying this. It sounds yummy! Today must be casserole day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make something very similar to this--except I always poured a can of mushroom soup over the top of it all. Everybody loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going To Try This for Dinner Next Sunday After Church. It Looks So Good. Can't Wait. Trying To Decide What Desert I Will Have To go Along With It.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good. What a clever way to jazz up parks chops! Move over Shake n bake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever way to jazz up pork chops! Move over Shake n Bake!

    ReplyDelete