Friday, March 22, 2013

Deviled Eggs


6 eggs, hard boiled
1/8 teaspoon prepared mustard
3 1/2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
1 teaspoon sugar

Cut hard boiled eggs in halves.  Slip out the yolks, place in small bowl. 


 Mash yolks with fork.  Add mustard, Miracle Whip, and sugar.  


Mix well.  Spoon into egg whites.  


Sprinkle with paprika if desired.  Makes 6servings.


Growing up in the Midwest, Miracle Whip was the condiment pick over mayonnaise.  Whether you were spreading it on a sandwich or adding it to a recipe, it always seemed better when your mom used the sweet creamy goodness of Miracle Whip.

You can find this recipe on page 40 in 
MY KIND OF COOKING COOKBOOK.


My new cookbook is available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Tuesday,
for my Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!


1 comment:

  1. Miracle Whip all the way... These eggs look great, Linda and my family will love them for Easter dinner! I've always added a little pickle relish, but this time I'm going to do it your way and add sugar. Wish I had one of these for breakfast now. lol

    ReplyDelete