1. Tomatoes can be frozen whole. The skins will slip off when thawed. You will not be able to use them for a salad, but they are perfect for cooking.
2. Tomatoes will keep longer if stored stem down.
4. Do not use an aluminum pan when cooking tomatoes. Aluminum pans make the tomatoes bitter and change their color.
6. Plum tomatoes are best to use for making sauces.
7. Cherry and grape tomatoes are best eaten raw.
Check back on Friday, for my
Grilled Salsa recipe.
I am in Cape Town, South Africa.
You can follow my trip by visiting my Facebook page.
Visit my friends blogs!
You will love Bo and his blog, Bo's Bowl. Not only does he host great giveaways, his recipes are incredible! One visit to his blog and you will see why I faithfully follow it.
Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner, for more great recipes! Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!