Friday, July 12, 2013

No-Bake Cookies



2 cups sugar
½ cup butter
½ cup milk
½ cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal

In large saucepan over medium high heat, combine sugar, butter, and milk.  Heat until boiling and then boil 30 seconds to one minute.  Remove from heat.   

Add peanut butter, cocoa, and vanilla.  Mix well. 


 
Add oatmeal.  Mix well.   


Drop by tablespoon onto waxed paper.  Cool.


When it is too hot outside to heat up your kitchen baking cookies, this is the recipe I make.  When I got married, one of my friends gave me a recipe book with several of her favorite recipes in it and this is one of them.  


  It is a wedding gift that I continue to treasure and think of her every time I use it.

 Check back on Tuesday,

for my Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if I double up the butter and leave out the peanut butter what they would be like. We both hate peanut butter, but the idea of not cooking in this hot weather appeals to me :-) Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! PB and oatmeal! It's cool here now and this will still be great anyway. Clever gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great if you put them in the freezer - they don't freeze solid and are great. I never make them without keeping them in the freezer - try it!

    ReplyDelete