Friday, May 11, 2012

Creamsicle Cake

Creamsicle Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
12 ounces club soda
2 (14 ounce) cans of sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, divided in half
1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the orange concentrate from it's container.  Cut concentrate in half. Place half of the concentrate in a medium bowl, and set aside.  You do not use the remaining half of the orange concentrate in this recipe. 


 In large bowl, combine cake mix and club soda. Mix well.  Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.


In the medium bowl with the orange concentrate, add the sweetened condensed milk. Mix well.


While the cake is still warm, poke holes into it with the end of  a wooden spoon.


Pour milk mixture over top. 


Refrigerate overnight. Spread whipped topping over top and serve.


This is another great recipe from our son Tyler's girlfriend, Jordan.  


It is quick and easy to make and was a hit at the potluck that I took the cake to.  


The pan was empty and people were singing it's praises. 


 They liked how moist and creamy the cake was, with the hint of orange, giving it a unique flavor.


Check back on Tuesday, for my 
Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post about onions!

Thanks again, Jordan, for the wonderful recipe!


Visit my friends blogs!

You will love Bo and his blog,  Bo's Bowl.  Not only does he host great giveaways,  his recipes are incredible!  One visit to his blog and you will see why I faithfully follow it.

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

25 comments:

  1. Oh Linda... I have to make this!!!! Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie! I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. This looks yummy, my friend MaryBeth shared this with me, definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love to read the comments left on my blog!

      Delete
  3. Looks absolutely delicious. I must try this, but I have a question. It doesn't say to make the cake mix normally as you would with eggs, oil and water, so I am assuming you just do as you instructed and combine the dry cake mix with the club soda, thats it....then mix well and put in the pan, bake and go from there? I know a couple people wanting to make this but have the same question. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mix the cake with just the club soda. Then pour it in the pan and bake. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

    Thanks!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to have to try this Creamsicle cake! Have you seen the Piña Colada version that is so similar AND easy?! It uses a yellow cake mix, crushed pineapple and a can of Cream of Coconut, along with the Eagle Brand milk. It's nice to have your version as an alternative! Can't wait to experience it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try this! Have you tried the Piña Colada version of this?! It's very similar AND equally easy. It uses a yellow cake mix, Cream of Coconut, Eagle Brand milk and crushed pineapple. I can't wait to try your recipe, though. It'll be a refreshing alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would I be correct in assuming that's a 12-oz. can of orange juice concentrate? They used to make a 6-oz. can but I don't know if they still do because everything seems to be so super-sized these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a 12 ounce can! I will correct that right now. Thanks for spotting that! :)

      Delete
  8. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!!! Wish I had a slice right now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!!! I'd love a slice of your cake right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can a lemon version of this be made by substituting lemonade concentrate for the OJ? I'd like to make something like the lemon cake that Macaroni Grill serves. Or do you know the recipe for the Macaroni Grill's lemon cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a wonderful substitution! I think I will give it a try too! We don't have a Macaroni Grill in out town, but next time I am somewhere where they do, I will order it and and try to recreate the recipe.

      Delete
    2. This sounds delicious! I will have to try it some time. Thanks for sharing it with us:)

      Delete
  12. I made this cake and it was absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy you like the cake! Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you think I could double this and use a 11x15 bar pan? I'm making for a large crowd...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you think I could double it for an 11x15 bar pan? I'm cooking for a large crowd. Thanks, can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm, I bet lime made concentrate would make an awesome key lime pie cake. Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the addition of Orange Juice concentrate, sounds delicious AND easy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds so yummy! Def making it soon!

    ReplyDelete