Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Favorite Uses for Cooking Spray and a $20 Amazon Voucher


I love Pam Cooking Spray!  There is always a can in my cupboard.  It is an amazing product.  You can not only use it in the kitchen, but also around the house.  Below are a few of my favorite uses for the cooking spray.

Cooking Spray Uses

1. Spray the inside of your slow cooker for easier clean up.


2. Spray the bowl and plastic wrap with cooking spray before proofing yeast dough.  It makes it easier to remove the dough from the bowl and prevents the plastic wrap from sticking to the dough.

3. Spray your measuring cups before you measure honey and other sticky foods.

4. Spray your cheese grater with Pam to make clean up easier.

5. Spray cookie cutters so the dough won't stick.



6. Use it to take gum out of hair.  Spray the gum and hair around it with cooking spay.  With a little work, the gum will come right out.

7. Clean paint and grease from your hands.  Spray hands liberally with cooking spray, work in, rinse.  Wash with soap and water.

8. Coat the shower door with a thin layer of cooking spray. Wait a few minutes and wash off with soap and water. The oil in the cooking spray dissolves the soap scum buildup and lime deposits.

9. Spray squeaky door hinges with cooking spray.


10. Spray a bike chain with cooking spray.

11. Spray both sides of your snow shovel with cooking spay to keep the snow from sticking to it.

12. Spray your satellite dish with cooking spray to keep snow from building up in it.

What are your favorite uses for cooking spray?


How would you like a $20 Amazon Voucher?

I am so excited!  I was visited by the Appliances Online Fairy Hobmother, and she gave me a $20 Amazon Voucher!  

For your chance to be visited by the Appliances Online Fairy Hobmother, and your own $20 Amazon Voucher, all you have to do is leave a comment on this post!

Spot by and visit the Appliances Online site!

On Friday, I will be posting my 
Cottage Cheese Cake recipe!


Visit my friends blogs!

You will love Bo and his blog,  Bo's Bowl.  Not only does he host great giveaways,  his recipes are incredible!  One visit to his blog and you will see why I faithfully follow it.

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

16 comments:

  1. I love Pam too! :-) It's kind of like WD-40, only you can cook with it. Spray it on just polished nails to help them dry faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen, there are lots of crazy uses for cooking spray.

    Pam, I am going to have to give that one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of using it on the cheese grater, awesome tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I always have it in my cupboard too, but I didn't know it was so useful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot of different uses for cooking spray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use pam on everything! My favorite use is spraying in measuring cups before adding in anything sticky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tip on the uses of cooking spray! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We use the spray for tools that need to be lubricated to get a good gripe on them, like a screwdriver or a nut when we are trying to get it tight to hold something...I could use the Amazon $20.00 card, hubby's birthday, I am sure there are some dvd's to ponder. Love your blog a lot, always great hints and neat recipes to make..thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just posted a comment, I don't know if it took or not..Anywhooo, we use it on screwdrivers and nuts when we are tightening anything..love your blog, the recipes are great.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this cooking spray is very good for cleaning the sticky recipes.This will help to clean the materials easily.As it has no reaction and favorable for the cooking so we can use it any recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, I like to spray my knife with PAM when
    cutting things like cheesecake. And, when non-stick pans start sticking, I spray them too. It's a great product and has certainly made my life a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would never have though to spray my cheese grater. That's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never thought about using a cooking spray in a crock pot. Sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never thought about using Pam on a crock pot. Should make cleaning up a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete