Below are 10 of my favorite microwave tips.
1. Dry fresh herbs using the microwave. Click the link to see how: Tip: Drying Fresh Herbs
3. Salt your food after it is microwaved. If you salt it before, it can make your food dry.
4. You can saute onions in the microwave. Placed chopped onions to a microwave safe dish, add 1 tablespoon of water, and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until soft. Then add the onions to your recipe without adding additional fat.
5. Clean and freshen your microwave the easy way: In a two cup microwave safe dish, add 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Microwave on high 2 to 3 minutes, or until boiling. Let set in the microwave for 5 minutes without opening the door. After the 5 minute wait, remove the dish and wipe down the microwave with paper towel.
6. Don't toss out crystallized honey, microwave it. Remove the lid, and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes.
7. Soften hard packed brown sugar by placing it in a bowl with an apple slice or a slice of bread, cover with a lid, microwave on high for 30 seconds.
8. Get more juice from your oranges and lemons by microwaving them for 30 seconds before squeezing them.
Check back on Friday,
for my Cake In A Cup recipe!
Visit my friends blogs!
You will love Bo and his blog, Bo's Bowl. Not only does he host great giveaways, his recipes are incredible! One visit to his blog and you will see why I faithfully follow it.
Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner, for more great recipes! Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!