Friday, February 8, 2013

Slow Cooker French Dip Roast


1 large onion, sliced
3 pound beef chuck roast, fat trimmed
1 (1 ounce) packet au jus gravy mix
3 cups cold water

In slow cooker, place sliced onion in the bottom.  


Top with roast. 


In medium bowl, combine au jus gravy mix and water.  Mix well. 


 Pour over roast.  Put lid on slow cooker. 
 

Cook 9 to 12 hours on low. 

To serve as a sandwich: After roast has cooked, shred, and place on rolls.  Serve with au jus gravy.

To serve as a roast with gravy: During the last hour of cooking, in a small bowl, combine 1 1/2 tablespoon corn starch with 1/4 cup cold water. Mix well. Add corn starch mixture to slow cooker.  Cover.  Cook remaining hour.


I love this easy recipe!  I chop the onion and trim the roast the night before and place them in the refrigerator.  For a hassle free morning, I also set out the slow cooker and a medium bowl along with the au jus gravy packet on the kitchen counter.  Then before I head out the door in the morning, it only takes me 2 minutes to put it all together.


My new cookbook is available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Tuesday,
for my Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my this looks amazing! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a french dip for lunch today but a side of mashed taters next to it would have made it complete.

    ReplyDelete