Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Warm Plates


My husband hates to eat cold food!  Unfortunately, at our house food often gets cold.  I have to take pictures for the blog, and sometimes it takes a while to get a picture that will work.  By warming the plate, the food stays warm longer, and as a result, I have a happy husband.  Below are the instructions I use to warm plates.

Adjust the oven racks to the bottom and center positions. Preheat your oven to 150°F or to the Warm setting. Stack two to four plates on a kitchen towel placed on a baking sheet.


If you need more plates, you can stack an additional four plates the same way you did with the others on second baking sheet on the other rack. Check plates after 10 minutes. They should be warm but not too hot to handle.

My Stuffed Pork Chop Casserole is featured on the 
All Free Casserole Recipes site.  Link below.
http://www.allfreecasserolerecipes.com/Pork-and-Ham-Casserole-Recipes/Stuffed-Pork-Chop-Casserole




My new cookbook is available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Friday,
for my Peach Cobbler recipe

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

4 comments:

  1. I use a heating tray for my plates, I could not survive without it! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try this! I agree with your husband since my mom always said, "hot food, hot, cold food, cold." Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often put my salad bowls in the fridge but never think to put the plates in the warming drawer. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete