Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Crushing Tip


I usually use my meat tenderizing mallet to crush pretzels or other items.  We had friends over a few weeks ago and I had a lot of help in the kitchen.  When I went to look for the mallet, it wasn't in it's usual place.  I don't like to use a pan to crush with and my rolling pin broke at Christmas and I haven't replaced it yet.


So I decided to grab my hammer and give it a try.  Sometimes the plastic bag will rip when you are crushing items and I didn't want the hammer to touch my pretzels, so I covered it with a wash cloth and secured it with a rubber band. 


It worked great!  I used the ball of the hammer and also the side.  Hopefully I will find the misplaced mallet, but if I don't I will be pulling out the hammer again.



My new cookbook is available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Friday, for my   
Pretzel Chicken Strip recipe

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!


2 comments:

  1. Another great tip! Now I'm wondering what you're going to do with the pretzels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you just buy your pretzels from the MegaSuperMart Club and the bottom half of the bags is just crumbs anyway, ha ha. Just kidding, great tip.

    ReplyDelete