Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ketchup Trick




I needed to clean a couple of antique solid brass lamps and I couldn't find any cleaners at the four stores I looked at.  Finally in my frustration I decided to search the web for how to clean them.  I was surprised when the search resulted in an unexpected kitchen item,  Ketchup! 

I grabbed a cheap $0.87 bottle of ketchup; I didn't want to waste the good stuff on something that I didn't know if it would really work.  But I was excited to try this trick.

As soon as the ketchup touched the brass, you could see it working. I felt like jumping up and down, I was so happy it was working. 



It was so easy! Wipe it on. Wipe it off and rinse with water and dry.  No need to scrub or buff. 


I love learning new things and this tip is one I will definitely use again!



My new cookbook is available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Friday,
for my Taco Dip recipe

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!


3 comments:

  1. wow I don't think ketchup is good for our tummies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This also works on copper. I have a few copper bottom pans and ketchup works beautifully to make them like new. Thanks for posting this, I had no idea it worked on brass, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would've thought. I'm more of a mustard person but now I think I've found a new love. Can't wait to try this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete