Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Asparagus Tips

 
Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables.  At holidays my mom steams it and drizzles hollandaise sauce over top.  I tend to grill it or bake it.  Below are a few asparagus tips to help you get the most out of the yummy vegetable.


1.  When purchasing fresh asparagus, look for stalks that are green and with closed and compacted tips.

2.  The greener the asparagus, the more tender it will be.

3.  Store stocks in a large glass or pitcher with water in the refrigerator.

4.  If your asparagus is limp, place them in a bowl with water and ice cubes for 35 to 45 minutes.

 

My new cookbook is available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Friday for my 
Grilled Lemon Asparagus recipe

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you could make asparagus last longer by putting the stalks in water. It could be a pretty veggie bouquet in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love asparagus, and am really glad to see these tips! I like it steamed too and will be trying it on the grill. Thanks and have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Below are some asparagus tips" above a picture of asparagus tips - that just made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete