Friday, March 19, 2010

Apple Chicken


Apple Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 apple, sliced thin
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup orange juice

Salt and pepper chicken to taste. In large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown chicken over medium high heat until cooked through.  Remove chicken from pan.  Reduce heat to low.  In same skillet, add apple. Cook until softened. Add honey and orange juice. Cook 3 minutes. Pour apple mixture over chicken.  Makes 4 servings.

Recipe can be found on page 190 in 
MY KIND OF COOKING COOKBOOK.

If your family is like mine, you eat a lot of chicken!  We are always experimenting with new ways to prepare it.  On the grill, in the oven, and the slow cooker, the possibilities are endless!  This sweet and tangy chicken recipe has become a favorite at our house.




7 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I am going to make it next week.....Thank you so much for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like it Karen! Let me know how it comes out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Linda,

    I stumbled on your blog from my Foodieblogroll badge. It went straight into my favorites. Just my kind of cooking. Simple, fuss free and delicious. Can't go wrong with that.

    Cheers!

    Ayalla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Foodie Blogroll!

    I love this idea and will probably try to convert this to using on the grill. I could do the sauce in a pan and add at the last minute on the grill. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I haven't tried chicken with apples before! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete