Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday's Tips & Trick: Chill Drinks Fast



Have you ever tried to chill a can of soda by putting it in the freezer, and then leave it in there too long?  What a mess it makes!  Now if I have company coming and the soda is room temperature, I make a salted ice bath. 


Fill up your container with ice.  Add cold water.  Add rock salt or table salt and mix.  Add your drinks.  After 10 minutes, your drinks will be noticeably colder.  Keep them in the salted water bath until completely chilled.


Check back on Friday, 
for my Slow Cooker Peach Dessert recipe!

Visit my friends blogs!

You will love Bo and his blog,  Bo's Bowl.  Not only does he host great giveaways,  his recipes are incredible!  One visit to his blog and you will see why I faithfully follow it.

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great tip and I will be doing it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On these hot summer nights ... this is so helpful. I did not know that salt made it quicker.

    ReplyDelete