Friday, October 5, 2012

Caramel Banana Poke Cake


1 (16.5 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 (5.1 ounce, 6-1/2 cup servings) box vanilla instant pudding mix
2 to 3 bananas, sliced
1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping


Prepare cake according to package directions.


Cool cake. Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake.


Prepare pudding according to package directions.  Pour over cake.


 Arrange sliced bananas over top.


Drizzle caramel ice cream topping over bananas.


Spread whipped topping over top.


Drizzle caramel topping over whipped topping if desired.


Cover, refrigerate until time to serve. 


The Poke Cake recipes I have posted have been very popular so I decided to make another one.  My most popular dessert is my Caramel Banana Trifle recipe.  I took the flavors in that dessert and make a Poke Cake out of them.  Everyone who tested it loved it and I think you will too!
 

My new cookbook will soon be available at schools, businesses, hospitals, and book fairs in cities across the United States.  Be sure to pick up a copy or two, when you see them.  They make great gifts!

Check back on Tuesday,
for my Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

 GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek!

You will love Bo and his blog,  Bo's Bowl.  Not only does he host great giveaways,  his recipes are incredible!  One visit to his blog and you will see why I faithfully follow it.

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

2 comments: