I love doing cooking demos.
Just like everyone else, my life is very busy. Outside of the days that I schedule to test and create recipes, I do not have hours to spend in the kitchen. The tips below, help me to make the most of the time I do have in the kitchen.
1. Organize your cabinets. If you have to search for an ingredient or dish, you are wasting time. Get rid of items that you don't use. If you feel like you can't part with anything. Put items that you haven't used in a long time, in a box and place the box in another room.
2. Always read through a recipe before you get ready to cook it. Check and make sure you have the ingredients that are required to make the recipe. It seems I always have to make a run to the store for ingredients that I was SURE I had in the cabinet.
3. Gather all ingredients and tools needed to make the recipe. Put them away as they are used.
4. As my Mom always says, "Clean as you go". Fill the sink with soapy dishwater and wash the pans and tools when you finish using them, or place them in the dishwasher.
My niece Miley, loves to help in the kitchen!
5. Cook together. The family that cooks together, stays together.
6. Use shortcut ingredients such as: Bagged lettuce, frozen cut vegetables, pre-cut fresh vegetables, refrigerated dough, jarred sauces, etc. and cut up and prep ingredients ahead of time. I clean and chop fresh ingredients when I bring them home, so they are ready to use in recipes.
7. Use your slow cooker. It does the cooking while you are gone. You come home to a delicious home cooked meal. I use my slow cooker more in the summer than I do in the winter. It cooks without making your house hot. I make desserts, vegetables, and side dishes, to go along with whatever I am grilling.
8. Use a kitchen timer. It is very easy for me to get distracted when I cook and the timer has saved a meal or two at my house.
9. Pick recipes that have just a few ingredients.
I am always on the look out for cooking tips!
What are your favorite kitchen tips?
On Friday, I am posting my recipe for:
Too Cool Apple Cake
Visit my friends blogs!
You will love Bo and his blog, Bo's Bowl. Not only does he host great giveaways, his recipes are incredible! One visit to his blog and you will see why I faithfully follow it.
Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner, for more great recipes! Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!
Stop by and visit Ashley, at What Does A Songbird Sing. She posts recipes and exercise tips on her blog, and who couldn't use a little more of both!